Brief History of Alva State Bank & Trust Company
A meeting was held on August 9, 1901, in the office of
Harry E. Mason for the purpose of establishing a new
bank. After meeting the requirements of the Territory of
Oklahoma Banking Department, Alva State Bank received
its Certificate of Authority on September 7, 1901. The
Mason family remained active in the management of the
bank for many years thereafter.
On November 1, 1957, C.W. Wisdom purchased controlling
interest in Alva State Bank and served as its president
from January 1958 until his death on September 3, 1993.
The Wisdom Family continues to play an active and vital
role in the leadership and direction of Alva State Bank
In 1991, Alva State Bank & Trust Company purchased the
savings part of State Federal Savings and Loan. Then in
1992, the Enid branch of Chisholm Federal Savings
Association was acquired and became the Enid-Chisholm
branch of Alva State Bank. The Burlington Branch was
opened in 1995.
Alva State Bank & Trust Company and the Wisdom Family
are very proud to have been a part of the growth and
progress of Alva and of Woods County and look forward to
serving the communities of Northwest Oklahoma for many
years to come. The directors, officers, and staff wish
to thank our loyal customers and friends for your
support over the past 100 years.